Karen in the past...
- The Karen long journeys
- The first long journey
- The second long journey
- The third long journey
- The fourth long journey
- The fifth long journey
- Yunnan to Kaw Lah (Burma)... (1128 B.C-1040 A.D) - The First Influx into “Kaw Lah”
- The sixth long journey
- Yunnan to Kaw Lah (Myanmar)... (741 B.C - 1828 A.D) - Securing the land and claiming it as their own was perhaps the best reward they deserved... They all hoped that the long journeys were ended!!!
Karen at the present...
- A nation's desire "What did the Karen really want?"
- Fire among ashes "From the past, DON NOT receive ashes - but FIRE"
- This is OUR LAND... (hanging the Karen tunic on the fishing rod) "This land belongs to the Karen people and their ancestors had rightfully marked it for them..."
Karen for the future...
- The Karen vision - "Beware that inaction is a cowardice and reaction is a puppet."
Karen ancestor poems...
- God "See! How were all things afore GOD"
- Ocean floor, the safest Haven "Karen Prophetic Poem" - Will you be there?
- The story of king Saw Ta Keh Tha - To become the rulers of the land meant
the “victors” and to become the subjects of the land meant the “victims”
- Pee Bee Yaw - Even though it sounded like a fairy tale, it disclosed the beauties
of simple life and the blessings of obedience that made Karens
- Bamboo Certificate for Po Khai - “I give you this symbol as the rightful
certification for your achievement in your study. You must buckle it on your waist and carry it
with you whenever you go. Perhaps... this will become your lucky charm one day”
- The Unheard Story - It will cost the whole country’s resources to repay
this huge debt if the king admitted that he had heard the story. But if he denied
and said that he had never heard this story he would have to give Po Khai
his daughter and make him heir.